Are you searching online for how to link a token to your GTBank account? This article reveals how you can do it with ease. Read on!
In this GTBank token activation guide, you will also learn how to generate GTBank token on your mobile phone by dialing the official USSD code. Keep reading!
- GTBank customer care number, Whatsapp number, email address and social media pages
- How to open GTBank account online
- GTBank Swift Code
- GTBank account blocking code: how to block and unblock your GTB account and ATM card
What Is A Token?
A security token is a peripheral device that is used to gain access to an electronically restricted resource. The token is used in addition to or in place of a password.
It acts like an electronic key to access something. Examples include a wireless keycard opening a locked door, or in the case of a customer trying to access their bank account online, these bank tokens allows the bank to identify their customers.
Some tokens may store cryptographic keys that may be used to generate a digital signature, or biometric data, such as fingerprint details. Some may also store passwords.
With the help of advanced technology, banking has been made easier for everyone and as such, the rate of fraudulent activities is rampant.
Nevertheless, in order for banks to protect and secure the account of customers, all Nigerian banks now issue a token to their customers for secured transactions.
Before using a token, you must first of all apply and register for the token device. The token has to be linked to your account.
The security token always generates a random code for every transaction thereby making it impossible for another person to carry out online transactions from your account.
There is no need to visit a branch. With a security token you can carry out online transactions anywhere in the world.
You can send money to family and friends and make payments from a computer and web-enabled mobile phone.
The token is the latest in banking security technology which uses a 128 bit data encryption to protect your account details
Here’s How To Link Up A Token To A GTBank Account
After 24 hours from when you received the token device, you can follow the steps below to activate your token;
1. Go to GTBank Internet Banking website at www.gtbank.com
2. Log in with your username or email address and password
3. Once you’re logged in, GTBank will automatically request you to activate your Token.
4. Then enter your token Identification Number without hyphen or any other form of separation (for example 1112223330) in the space provided. (The Identification Number is on a white panel at the back of your token)
5. Also check the small button “Acknowledge” for scam alert.
6. Click “Continue”. In case you decide not to activate right away, you can click on “Activate Later”
7. Immediately you click “Continue” an SMS from GTBank will be sent to your phone number which you have registered with GTBank, acknowledging and congratulating you for completing the Token linking process. And that’s all, you’re good to go!
How To Generate GTBank Token Using USSD
You can also generate GTBank token using ussd to finalize your internet or mobile banking transactions, follow the simple steps below;
1. Dial *737*7# with the phone number that is attached to your GTBank account
2. Enter your bank account number
3. Now, key in the last 6 digits of your GTBank MasterCard
A token code that you must use before the next 60seconds will be generated for you to use to finalize your pending transactions.
All tokens contain some secret information that is used to prove your identity.
To use your GTBank token during money transfer, all you need to do is, press the button on the token to generate a unique code each time you want to carry out or complete an online money transfer.
I hope you find this information on how to link up a token to your GTBank account useful. If yes, please feel free to share it with your friends and family on social media by clicking on the share buttons below.