Sweden places a premium on quality education, as seen by its policies. Sweden has 40 universities, many of which are ranked among the best globally; this includes Lund University, Stockholm University, and so many more.
Sweden was one of the first countries in Europe to move to an English-language education system, with over 900 degrees to select from.
There are various Swedish colleges for international students if they wish to study in Sweden but don’t have the financial means.
List of the top 14 scholarships in Sweden 2023
Here is a list of the top 14 scholarships in Sweden 2023.
1. Global Scholarship at Lund University
The Lund University Global Scholarship is the first scholarship that comes to mind when we think of scholarships for Sweden.
As one of the leading 100 universities globally, Lund University attracts a varied mix of exceptional students from all over the globe.
The Lund University Global Scholarship program honors excellent candidates from countries outside the European Union, the European Economic Area, and Switzerland.
The period to apply for the Autumn Semester falls between mid-October to mid-January.
2. The Global Scholarship at Karlstad University is open to students from all around the world
Karlstad University has provided funding for this study scholarship. Students from outside of the EU/EEA and Switzerland who want to pay fees for their courses in Sweden and have completed previous academic courses are eligible for the program.
The Karlstad University Global Scholarship is only available for studies starting in the autumn semester.
The application period falls between the 1st of December to the 1st of February.
3. Scholarships at Dalarna University
Every year, Dalarna University covers tuition costs for a select group of international postgraduates who have excelled in previous courses.
The deadline for applying is: between the 1st of January to the 25th of March is for the autumn intake, and between the 1st of September to the 30th of September is for the spring semester.
4. Malm University Master’s scholarship
Academic merit, experience, and drive are used to award these awards. They cover a portion of the entire tuition fee, but not other costs such as living expenses. The deadline for applications falls on the 17th of January, 2022.
5. SCHOLARSHIP FOR MID-SWEDEN UNIVERSITY TUITION FEE
The scholarship covers 75% of the cost of tuition. The remaining 25% of each semester’s tuition charge, travel costs, living expenses, and any other expenditures are not covered by the scholarship and must be funded through other means.
6. Stockholm School of Economics Scholarships
The SSE offers Full and Half Scholarships (BSc and MSc), but it can be very competitive. Every year, scholarships are given out to pay the entire or partial cost of tuition for MSc and BSc programs.
7. Scholarships at Stockholm University
The Stockholm University scholarship program has been specially designed for highly qualified students outside the EU, EEA, and Switzerland.
8. Scholarship Program at Malardalen University
Malardalen University awards a limited amount of master’s degree scholarships to students who chose Mälardalen University as their first choice each year.
Because it is one of the few fully-funded master’s scholarship programs in Sweden for overseas students, this award draws international students.
9. Scholarships at Blekinge Tekniska Hogskola
The scholarship pays for eligible students’ fees in different country locations. Students who would like to take advantage of this scholarship to the fullest must cover their living costs.
10. The Avancez scholarship
The Avancez Awards are next on the list, and they are one of Sweden’s top renowned scholarships. International students can apply for Avancez Scholarships at the Chalmers University of Technology. Each year, a certain number of scholarships are awarded.
11. The produktexperter scholarship
Since the trust focuses on developing competent students, the Produktexperter Scholarship is a one-time fee scholarship given to deserving candidates who desire to progress in their studies.
12. Scholarships at Kristianstad University
Citizens of countries outside the EU/EEA will be eligible for the scholarship. If you are awarded a scholarship, you will receive a full or partial tuition fee reduction.
13. Liu International Scholarship
The LiU International Scholarship is designed to support international master’s degree students with a solid academic record.
Students who receive a LiU International Scholarship have their tuition expenses lowered by 25, 50, or 75 percent.
14. Scholarships at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
Candidates for the Bachelor’s program Forest and Landscape are eligible for a scholarship.
SLU’s scholarship only includes school fees; it does not cover living or travel costs.
Above are the top 14 scholarships in Sweden 2023 if you are interested in knowing Swedish colleges for international students.