Are you a Stanbic IBTC Bank customer and have lost your ATM Card? This article will then be of great help to you as it reveals a step-by-step instructions on how to block your Stanbic account and ATM Card. Continue reading!
A lot is going on in the country because of hardship, people will do anything to get money and because of this, the rate of fraud is on the increase. People are robbed of their hard earned money on a daily basis.
As we know, knowledge is power, so we should always be at alert especially when it has to do with money.
The bank in her own wisdom has made it possible for customers to control their account from anywhere 24/7. This includes being able to block your bank account or ATM card at anytime you suspect a fraudulent transaction on it.
You’ll find how to do that below.
How To Block Stanbic IBTC Bank Account/ATM Card
The following are the various ways to block your Stanbic Bank account or debit card. You can also use these to block your Stanbic IBTC account from another phone.
1. Stanbic IBTC Bank Account Blocking Code
The Stanbic IBTC Bank ussd code can be used for various purposes which also include blocking your bank account and ATM card at will.
To block your Stanbic Bank account or ATM card using USSD code, dial *909*911# on any mobile phone. Preferably with the line linked to your bank account.
Enter your account number and click on “Proceed”.
You’ll be required to enter your 4-digits USSD banking PIN. After this, your bank account and ATM card will be blocked immediately.
2. Stanbic SMS Service
This is also one of the fastest ways to block your Stanbic ATM card once you misplace it.
To block your Stanbic Bank account or ATM card by SMS, text “Block Card” and your ten digit NUBAN ACCOUNT NUMBER to 30909.
Note that you must send the SMS from the mobile phone number linked and registered to the affected bank account, and normal SMS charges apply.
Once this message is delivered Your ATM and account would be blocked.
3. Stanbic IBTC Bank Mobile App
This is another great way to block your bank account and ATM card, follow the steps below to block your card as quickly as possible.
- Download Stanbic IBTC Mobile App from the Google play or Apple Store.
- Log in to the app with your details.
- Navigate the prompts on your screen to select the card option.
- Choose why you want to block your card.
- Confirm and submit to complete the card blocking process.
- The bank will deactivate your ATM card instantly.
Note that before using the Mobile App to block your card, you need to be a registered customer.
If you’re not registered then you need to sign up, complete the KYC form, create your password then login.
4. Stanbic Customer Care Service
You can contact the Stanbic IBTC Bank customer care service to block your account or ATM card through the following numbers below.
- 01 422 2222 or
- +234 14227777
- Stanbic Direct: 0700 CALL STANBIC (0700 2255 782 6242)
You can also contact them via email address: [email protected]
They can also be contacted via their social media handles:
How To Unblock Stanbic Bank Account/ATM Card
Please note that once your ATM card is blocked, it can’t be unblocked remotely. You need to visit a Stanbic IBTC bank branch to do that.
- Sterling Bank Account Blocking Code
- Union Bank Account Blocking Code
- Keystone Bank Account Blocking Code
- First Bank Account Blocking Code: How To Block And Unblock Your First Bank Account and ATM Card
- Ecobank Account Blocking Code
- Fidelity Bank account blocking code
- Wema Bank Account Blocking Code
- Access Bank Account Blocking Code: How To Block And Unblock Your Access Bank Account and ATM Card
- Zenith Bank Account Blocking Code: How To Block and Unblock Zenith Bank Account and Debit Card
- UBA Account Blocking Code: How To Block and Unblock UBA Account and Debit Card
- Polaris Bank account blocking code: how to block and unblock Polaris Bank account
- Heritage Bank account blocking code
- GTBank account blocking code
- How to open a business or corporate bank account in Nigeria
- FCMB account blocking code
The possible ways of blocking your Stanbic-IBTC ATM card in cases of loss, theft, or misplacement have been revealed in this guide.
These includes the use of SMS, Mobile App, USSD codes and contacting the customer care service.
Knowing these methods will help you block your account or ATM card when the need arises.
I hope you find this information useful, if yes, please feel free to share.