There is no better way to maximize your finances as young entrepreneurs than to invest it. And there is no better time in the year to do that than now.
It is true that not all investments generate huge income in a short period of time. However, just like I did last time when I showed you 5 fast money making skills every youth must have. Today, I will be showing you 20 investment opportunities or business ideas you can invest your money in as a young entrepreneur and earn big.
Mind you, these are not “get rich quick schemes” but with enough commitment and hard-work on your side they will certainly pay off in a very huge way. The most beautiful part of it all is that you can start small and grow with time.
Are you ready? Let’s start with the first on the list.
1. A Cosmetics Shop: We live in a country where everyone, the old and young, male and female wants to look good. No wonder millions of money go into the cosmetics industry every year. As a young man or woman you can take advantage of the financial opportunities the industry presents by starting a Cosmetics Shop. Believe me, it is going to be one of the best decisions of your life as cosmetics is one of the most sought after products in the world making it a very lucrative business to invest in as a young entrepreneur.
2. Photography Studio: In these days of social media, everyone wants to have that perfect picture to upload on their Instagram, Whatsapp, Twitter and Facebook profiles. This alone has made photography a very lucrative business. As a young entrepreneur, it will be a very wise choice to invest in this. Even if you know nothing about photography especially about picture editing, you can open up the studio and hire people to do all that for you while you pay them from the proceeds of the business.
3. Musical Studio: This is also a very lucrative business to venture into as thousands of people are taking up music as their career these days.
4. Exam Tutorial Centre: With examinations like JAMB, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB etc always around the corner, starting an exam tutorial centre can be a great way to make money as a young entrepreneur.
5. A Computer Business Centre: This business that have been in vogue for some time now is still one of the most lucrative business a young entrepreneur can invest in. You can run it as a cyber cafe and also add other services to it like Typing, Photocopying, Laminating, Binding, Scanning etc. This will help you generate more money on daily basis.
6. A Barbing Saloon: This is probably one of the most underrated money making ventures around. The amount of money people make running this on daily and weekly basis is unbelievable. You can even open this shop and hire a professional barber to work for you there.
7. Football Viewing Centre: With all the football leagues currently going on around the world and the World Cup in just a few months from now, investing in a football viewing centre will definitely be a very good decision.
8. A Hairdressing Saloon: I can’t tell you enough of how lucrative this business is. If you are good in making beautiful hairstyles for the ladies and a very hardworking person, they will keep coming back. That means more money for you.
9. Laundry Services: Running this business especially in an area with a high number of working class people is a very good thing to do.
10. Phone Repairs: If you are knowledgeable in this area, you can utilize that knowledge better by starting a business on it. That way you will be earning a whole lot of money doing what you love.
11. Block Industry: In a very good position where it is easily seen, block industry can be a very good business to invest your money into. With just two workers and little resources, this business can be started and grown.
12. Selling of Clothes and High Quality Perfumes: After Cosmetics, clothes and perfumes are one of the most sought after products in the market. A young entrepreneur can invest in this and make enough money from it.
13. A Fast Food Joint: This is very lucrative as no matter how bad the economy gets, people must eat. The food business is such that can never go out of season.
14. Daily Savings Business: Popular known as “daily contribution” in Nigeria. This is also another underrated money making opportunity today. The best thing about this business is that you do not even need a shop to start as most of your work involves moving from one place to another on daily basis, collecting money from your customers and keeping it in a safe place till they reach a level where they can ask for it. Certain percentage of the money deposited with you by each of your customers on daily basis serves as your pay. Imagine having numerous customers especially among traders in the market who do not always have the time to go to bank themselves. The amount you will be making daily is very high. And you can start this with very little resources.
15. Generator Fixing and Servicing: In a country where power supply is seen as a favour by the various power supplying companies we have. Almost everyone owns a generator. However, due to constant usage, these generators often breakdown or need servicing. Investing in this as a young entrepreneur will definitely pay off.
16. A Stationary Shop: This is also a very lucrative venture to go into especially if it is to be situated along schools or government offices.
17. Rental Services: Whether it is renting of cars, motorcycles, working equipments, musical instruments, cooking equipments or just equipments like chairs, tables and canopies which are used for events. Rental services is a very lucrative business for young entrepreneurs.
18. Car Wash: This business does not require much for a start and pays huge returns within a very short time.
19. Footwears Production: I once did this as a young boy in my secondary school days. Footwears production offers you so much money as a young entrepreneur that you can’t easily find around. Especially if you are very hardworking and really know how to make good designs.
20. Poultry: Yes I saved one of the best for the last. Poultry is also another area of business that is mostly ignored but can really generate high income for the person doing it. A young entrepreneur will do well to go into this.
There you have all 20 of them. Read them through again and choose the one you feel is best for you and work towards it to make your year a memorable one.
I pray you succeed. I know you will.
I believe in you!
Do you have any question or anything you will like to contribute? Feel free to let me know through the comments section below.
I will be glad to hear from you.
Also feel free to share this article on social networks through the share buttons below.
Thanks for reading!